Kata beach wikitravel
Naxos in a few words: The biggest island in the area with hundreds of small and big villages
Location: Lying just between Paros and lesser Cyclades.
See : Naxos is a popular tourist destination with several easily accessible ruins.
- Portara is a majestic gate of the the Sanctuary and Temple of Apollo made of marble.
- Visit the Melanes village in order to see the giant size statues called Kouroi.
- In chora of Naxos the visitor enjoys the scenery of the middle age in the enetian castle.
- Don’t miss a visit to the stone village Apeiranthos with it characteristic architecture.
- Explore also the cave of Za in the mountainside of Za next to Filoti village.
- Many beaches for any taste. A huge beach from the chora up to Agiasou covers almost the whole west coast.
- A large variety of entertainment facilities consisted of bar, restaurants, clubs, pubs …
- Water sport, diving, horse riding and hiking.
Eat- drink : The famous product of Naxos are potatoes. Of course grilled octopus with ouzo is a must for your dinner. Simple but original tastes origin of the local products like all kinds of meat, fish, a variety of cheese types, olive oil and vegetables offer a unique quality in food. Taste also the special sweets of Naxos and the local citron drink.
For more information check Naxos at wikitravel
Koufonisia In a few words : Koufonissia are actually two islands one close to the other, which are made the group of islands that called Small East Cyclades.
Location: They are located at the southeast of Naxos and at west of the Amorgos island. In the same group belongs and the island Keros.
- if we translate exactly the word Koufonissi in English we get ”the deaf island. As soon as you take your first steps on the island you will sense that you are in a different dimension or that paradise really is here.
- you might also walk to Profitis Ilias, which affords an exquisite view to half the island and the surrounding islands.Keros was one of the center of the Cycladic culture (3000 -2000 b.c.), where excavations on the western end yielded priceless finds, including 100 marble figurines.
- swim at the excellent beaches with sparkling aquamarine waters .
- visit the cave of “To Mati Tou Diavolou” (Devils Eye), Gala, and the sea caves at Xylobatis.
- walk all around the islands, it’s the best way to explore the place via small footpaths. It’s also your only opportunity to forget your car and your watch…
Eat – drink : Captainn Nicolas is the best taverna in the Cyclades and with our recommendations you are going to experience the best hospitality.
For more information check Koufonisi at wikitravel
Iraklia In a few words : Iraklia is another tiny island with almost 100 islanders on it. Iraklia is part of the “Small Cyclades” which is worth to be visited especially for those who want to experience tiny, quiet, cute and isolated places, representative of the Greek spirit.
Location: Just opposite Schinoussa and south of Naxos
See : Very interesting is a cave at the south west side of the island, the cave of Agios Georgios, but you have to walk for more than two hours from the port to visit it. The bay of Alimia at the south west coast has a lovely beach and also a sunken battle plane from the second world war, visible from the surface.
Do : Here you can swim to the nearby beach, diving from the yacht and hiking around enjoying the pure nature.
Eat – drink : Dinner at Iraklia means fresh fishes
Read More: For more information check Iraklia at wikipedia, wikitravel
Antiparos in a few words: A very small and beautiful island which has a direct relation with the big sister, Paros.
Location: Very close to the west coast of Paros.
- The Antiparos cave where you can go by bus from the port.
- Despotiko island where there are a lot of archaeological see sights.
- swim at the wonderful beaches all around the island, especially in Agios Georgios beach.
- visit the local festivals during summer.
- many bars, cafe, and clubs for nights that never be forgotten